Blog Post #5

    I am really enjoying using Instagram for my Personal Learning Network. In the past, I had seen stuff on Pinterest and TikTok about teachers and classroom activities and I think Instagram has even more ideas and goes deeper into them. With my Instagram account, I have seen and followed several teacher accounts where they post lesson plans, fun things happening within their classroom, and even outfits and things like that. For my future career, I will definitely look to Instagram for inspiration to apply within my classroom and fun things to do with my students.
    The digital divide is something very prominent within schools today. It can easily be overlooked, however, it affects students in severe ways. It can impact grades and just overall make students feel isolated or embarrassed in some cases. Some causes of the digital divide include economic or social issues. As a classroom teacher, I will most likely experience the digital divide and I will be sure to address it through my teaching strategies. If we are working with technology, I will be sure to not have the assignments affect the student's grades and also be sure to give time in class to complete the work and utilize the technology. I will also explain different technology programs, how certain technology works, and help the students to expand their own knowledge of technology and improve their digital skills. 
    Academic software for students is important to utilize within a classroom. In my future classroom, I want to implement Google Classroom or Canvas and a parent communication app, one is called Hello Parent. Google Classroom or Canvas allows me to communicate with my students, post assignments, and share things with them digitally which will add to their learning experience. Hello Parent will promote healthy and open communication with parents at home and keep them informed of what is going on in the classroom. It can also make it easier to promote communication and better address the students' specific needs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #1

Blog Post #6

Blog Post #8