Blog Post #10

     I enjoyed working on Assignment 5: PowerPoint Interaction. I had always wondered how these kinds of PowerPoints were made and it was really fun to be able to make my own. I definitely learned a lot more about how to work with PowerPoint and I am becoming much more familiar with all of its tools. I found it difficult at first because I didn't realize I had to put the answer to the question on a separate slide so I was struggling to find an animation to make it uncover. I then realized I had to add a transition to go to a whole new slide. Once I got the hang of the process, the assignment was a lot easier. I think next time I can add more detail to some of my slides and add a little closing or "End Game" button to make it less plain. 

Here is a screenshot of my assignment:

    
    As a teacher, I think I will mostly use data collection tools to evaluate how my students are doing/feeling about my class. As a second grade teacher, I think it will be easier for my students to rate their experiences rather than write about them or be forced to answer any really difficult questions. This is where the Qualtrics surveys can come in as the students only need to choose an answer or use a number scale to give a rating. I can also use data collection tools when teaching about math and things like bar graphs where data is needed to model. 
    A technology related skill I would like to learn next is how to work with spreadsheets and data. I think this tool can be especially beneficial to teachers, especially when it comes to organizing grades and things like that. For Assignment 6, we will be working with this and I am looking forward to learning more. I have always struggled with this program and even in my math class last semester I had to watch a lot of tutorials to figure out how to work with spreadsheets. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #1

Blog Post #6

Blog Post #8