Blog Post #1

     My name is Jaylin Matias and I am a freshman at Florida State University majoring in elementary education. I am originally from northern New Jersey and I have one younger brother. In my free time, I enjoy playing volleyball, going to the beach, trying new foods and restaurants, and shopping. In the future, I am hoping to become a second grade teacher and spend a lot of time traveling the world.

    Throughout all my years in school, I have been exposed to a variety of different technology and platforms. In middle and high school, I worked closely with Google Docs, Classroom, and Slides. I also have used things like Padlet, Zoom, and Canva. In college now, I use Canvas, TopHat, and Microsoft Word. I also have experience filming and editing small video presentations.

    My personal learning network (PLN) can be split into four main categories, these being people, spaces, tools, and organizations. The people that contribute to my PLN include friends, family, and professors. The spaces I find useful to support my learning needs are libraries, classrooms, and social media platforms (Instagram, TikTok). Tools I use to advance my learning include my phone and books, and organizations I utilize to advance my learning include Florida State University along with other people in my major.

Comments

  1. Hi Jaylin! I really like your blog! I love your background. My major is elementary education too, I think second grade is around the age I want to teach. I probably wouldn't teach any older than third grade. I have worked a lot with Google Docs too, I used it so much in high school. I never really used Padlet before this class but I used to use Canva a lot. It is really cool that you have experience filming and editing videos! I find social media platforms really useful too! I can get a bunch of ideas from Instagram and Pinterest and it is really useful for teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jaylin, I really enjoy your post! It is so cool that you like to play volleyball and go to the beach. I am also interested in teaching the 2nd-grade level and find younger kids to be so fun to be around. I am really glad you shared your experience with technology with the class!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #6

Blog Post #8