Blog Post #3

     As a teacher, I will be sure to adhere to copyright and fair use laws in mind. I will try to explain and educate my students about them as well in a simpler way to make sure they understand and learn to respect the work of others. This could definitely positively impact my classroom and make for a better community environment. I, myself, have definitely learned a lot more about copyright and fair use and I now will always keep these topics in mind. I had never heard of fair use before this class, but I think it makes perfect sense and helps teachers to better engage with materials and use them within their classrooms.

    There are several issues that may come up when implementing technology within a classroom. I feel like one of the main ones is decreased productivity. Students can become easily distracted with technology and get carried away and lose out on the material. To address this, I will be sure to monitor the students when they are working with the technology and I will also have them put away devices at times when they need to focus on the work. This will limit them from drifting from the lesson but also keep them engaged and occupied. Furthermore, I think decreased productivity can come from the teacher not understanding how to properly use the technology. Therefore, to address this as a teacher I will be sure to research and work with the technology before presenting it to my students.

    When it comes to generative AI, I think it can be a resource in the classroom in some situations. I personally am interested in teaching younger grades, so I do not really think AI should be implemented at that age but it can definitely be a resource for older students. I think at the younger age students cannot really grasp the limits of AI and can easily be carried away with it. At an older age, however, students can more easily understand how to use it and when you should use it.

    From working on the Newsletter Design assignment, I have become much more comfortable working with Microsoft Word. I learned about the different features Microsoft has and how to effectively use them. I feel like the Newsletter Design assignment allowed me to be creative and helped me to work on formatting things and matching colors together. I can definitely use these skills in my future career, as I can imagine myself making a newsletter for my future classroom.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #1

Blog Post #6

Blog Post #8