Blog Post #4

     I am interested in teaching younger elementary grades, so I checked out the standards for K-2 students. I think Standard 1: Communication and Collaboration seems pretty straight forward and I feel I am prepared to implement it based on my current skill set. To me, the standard describes an online group project, maybe this being a small presentation or a small research assignment. It lays the basic foundation for computer skills and can be easily built off of. 

    In the CPALMS Educator Toolkit, I found various resources that I think would be beneficial to my teaching. I looked at the second grade math lesson plans and I found one about a Double Bubble Diagram to Compare Math Concepts. I think this specific lesson is definitely useful to geometry specifically because understanding shapes and making connections between them can be a difficult concept to grasp. Using this diagram they provide on their website can allow for the students to visualize and manipulate the information themselves. 

    It is important to be a proficient Internet searcher as a teacher because you have to be sure you are sharing appropriate and correct information with your students. I will probably use the Advanced Google Search the most moving forward. I had never really utilized it before but it is something that is efficient and can help to obtain the best answer. While in school in younger years, I had always heard to not use Wikipedia when searching for things or looking for information and this is something that has always stuck with me. Other than that, I never really had any other Internet searching skills I would rely on. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #1

Blog Post #6

Blog Post #8