Blog Post #6

     Overall, I enjoy working with Diigo and I think it can be a great resource within classrooms. I like the way it is very collaborative and you can add comments and things of that nature. It is a great way to share all the individual ideas within a classroom. While it is a great resource, I also think it can be pretty confusing especially when thinking about using it with younger students, which is the grade level I am interested in teaching. For older students, however, I think it can be especially effective.

    I did not have much experience with blogging before this, but I am finding it to be a fun thing to do. I think it is a good way to summarize, reflect, and organize thoughts. Through my blogging process, I have learned the value of sharing opinions and have deepened my understanding of the topics we discuss in class. As a future educator, I can look through blogs in order to see what other teachers are doing and be inspired to do different things within my classroom.

    An interesting Web 2.0 tool that I found was Storybird. I have used this once before for one of my class projects and it was super fun and easy to use. Basically, you are able to write your own story, add illustrations, and publish your book to the website. I think this will be very appealing to younger students and can teach them the fundamentals of storytelling and terms like characters, setting, and plot. It has lots of illustrations to choose from, very easy to navigate, and even has layouts through which you can get started with. There is also a section where the published books are displayed and can be viewed and read. 


    

Comments

  1. I can't believe I haven't heard of Diigo before taking this class! I definitely understand the benefits of using it while doing research for a project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #1

Blog Post #8