Blog Post #7

     I visited a few websites part of the English department. I noticed most of them have a welcome page, a bio, and an assignments/announcements page. Katherine Quick's website has a calendar linked on her page. On this calendar, there are assignments listed and a basic schedule for what each week will entail. I feel like this is especially helpful to the student if they are sick, going on a trip, or just want to get ahead.

https://www.leonschools.net//site/Default.aspx?PageID=9923 

    As a teacher, I think a website is a good thing to have to keep parents updated and students as well. I think creating newsletters is also something I will do in my future career. I can also imagine myself using Pinterest to come up with creative lesson plans and Instagram as well. Furthermore, in the classroom I think YouTube is a good resource to use to add to the lessons and reiterate material. I will also be sure to use Remind or a platform like that to communicate with parents and be sure to keep them in the loop.

    I found the Canvas group tool to be a little confusing at first but I think our project came out very well. I had never used the tool before and I did not know how it was going to work out. I did not like the fact that you had to manually save everything after you did it because if not it would be lost. I did think that it was an easy way to organize all of the information with the homepage and then links to other ones. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #1

Blog Post #6

Blog Post #8